Think Seafood Lover’s Delight! Flaky tilapia fillets are topped with a delicious crab stuffing that is sure to please all you fishy foodies!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 sleeve (37 crackers) reduced-fat-golden snack crackers, crushed (about 1 1/3 cups)
- 1 lb. crabmeat
- 2 lbs. fresh Tropical tilapia fillets
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray a 9-by13-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, pepper, salt and paprika. Stir until evenly blended and remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Add cracker crumbs, crabmeat and shallot mixture. Stir gently until evenly blended.
- Arrange tilapia in prepared pan in an even layer. Spread crab mixture evenly over the top. Bake until tilapia is cooked through and crab topping is golden, about 22 to 25 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to serving platter. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 27 minutes
Total Time: 57 minutes
Source: Hannaford Fresh Magazine, March – April 2012.