Think Fresh! Looking for a fresh, light and delicious meal for the Holidays? Look no further! This Guatemalan-inspired shrimp ceviche has you covered!
- 1 lb. fresh Tropical Shrimp
- 2 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 3 scallions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1/2 small white onion
- 3 Tbls. soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbls. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls. olive oil
- 1 Tbls. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tbls. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with 2 cups of lemon juice and set aside.
- Chop all the vegetables to a fine size and place in a large glass bowl.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup lemon juice, and the Worcestershire sauce, toss and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, saute garlic in olive and sesame oil until soft, but not browned.
- When this mixture has cooled, toss it in with the vegetables and all of the liquids.
- Cover both the shrimp and vegetable bowls and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, drain shrimp and toss them in with vegetables. Stir to coat the shrimp.
- Serve chilled alone or on a bed of fresh greens.