Tropical Aquaculture Products, an industry leader in Aquaculture sales, marketing and logistics is seeking a Sales Manager to help us achieve our aggressive growth plans. Our commitment is to provide the best quality fresh seafood in the shortest time possible with exceptional customer service.
Summary: Work with Tropical’s existing customers and prospect with new customers in the territory to aggressively increase sales. Develop volume projections and coordinate with the Logistics department to ensure adequate inventories. This tenacious sales professional will join a cohesive team environment, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and be dedicated to meeting and exceeding sales goals. This position may be remote or located in Tropical’s Rockland, ME office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell to new and existing customers, actively manage current sales volumes and generate growth within existing customer base.
- Plan, project, organize and execute sales plan as directed, monitoring daily inventory.
- Build loyal relationships, establish credibility and trust with customers, producers, and office staff.
- Understand each customer’s needs/product issues and resolve with real, effective solutions.
- Monitor customer receivables and participate in regular data collection activities as needed.
- Expand business potential within the territory to meet and exceed established goals, using the skills of prospecting, cold calling and setting appointments.
- Record daily all data of call/sales activities and enter sales orders data.
- Participate in daily sales and planning meetings.
- Daily maintain and submit accurate and timely reports.
- Responds timely to customer questions and inquiries; and is courteous and professional to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Create and enter orders in system.
Necessary Skills, Competencies and Qualities:
- Ambitious, detailed self-starter dedicated to a team environment while working independently and displaying maturity under pressure and daily deadlines.
- Proven sales data documentation showing consistent sales activity; with network, prospect, cold-call and follow-up skills.
- Effectively anticipate problems, initiate appropriate and sometimes dynamic solutions, essentially, ‘thinking outside of the box.’
- Accountable, professional aptitude and demeanor with strong written, verbal and presentational skills whether on the telephone, through email, or in-person.
- Strong computer and math skills, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365. Comfortable learning new software and skills.
- Prior international or export experience preferred.
- Respectful to customers, prospects, management and all people.
- Displays integrity that foster trust and a positive work environment.
- Customer-centric focus to achieve company, departmental, and personal goals.
- Must be able to work independently and be reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling obligations
- Hours: Monday — Friday 8am-5pm, rotational weekend/holiday work is expected.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in business-to-business sales or customer service
- Perishable/seafood experience required
- Spanish/Portuguese proficiency helpful
Benefits: Competitive compensation package. Medical, Dental, 401K, Vacation. Some benefits subject to applicable eligibility and waiting periods.
To apply for this position please send your Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org