Think Tangy! This fresh salmon tartare is an excellent choice during hot summer days. This salmon tartare recipe will keep you, your skin, and brain, FRESH!
- 1 lb. FRESH salmon fillet
- 1/4 Onion or Shallots minced
- 3 tbsp. Capers lightly chopped
- Lemon juice – about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Chives chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Dash of Cayenne
- To prepare the salmon tartare, you must first remove all bones from your fillet and remove the skin.
- Cut into strips and then into small pieces – about 1/2 inch
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add salmon to mixture bowl. If you are making ahead, DO NOT add lemon until one hour before serving.
- For serving, use two spoons, form the tartare into an egg shape and sprinkle chives for garnish.
Source: Created by Master Chef Stanti Schnobachler from the Victorian Inn for Tropical Aquaculture Products, Inc. at SENA 2011.