Think Tasty Learning! We give you permission to play with your food with this recipe. You can teach your children shapes and brush up yourself at the same time!
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tilapia fillets (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
- 1 Tbsp. Emeril’s original essence seasoning, or a mixture of 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. each of pepper, paprika, garlic powder Lemon wedges
- Pour cornflakes into a Ziploc bag, seal and crush flakes well. Pour cornflake “crumbs” onto a plate.
- Crack eggs into a shallow dish or wide shallow bowl and beat together with milk until well blended.
- Pour olive oil into a frying pan and heat over medium-low heat. Sprinkle or rub each fish fillet with some seasonings on both sides.
- Dip fillets into egg wash and then dredge in cornflakes and immediately place in hot oil in frying pan.
- Cook fish roughly 4 or 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and white and flaky on the inside (not translucent.)
Cut into triangles, trapezoids, quadrilaterals or other shapes! Serve immediately alongside some colorful vegetables and roasted potatoes. Watch your loved ones enjoy their fish without a fuss.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Source & Photo By: Susan Greeley, MS, RD